On 29th June we held a free question and answer webinar covering the following questions:
- How will the trade be affected if we have a hard Brexit?
- What is the difference between a freight forwarding business and an import-export business? Is one part of the other?
- How does one become a trade specialist without studying at a university?
- Would setting up as an international trade agent be less credible than setting up as a limited company?
- What training, magazines or certification (CITP / FIBP or so), TV program, webinars would suggest we look at in order to expand one’s knowledge about what’s happening in the world of Trade?
- I’m planning to start my own import export business and granite or marble is one of the products I would like to start importing and distributing in Canada. Does this course get me ready to the point that I do not need a freight forwarder and clearing agent for my first transaction? Or does it make sense to work for a company doing the same and then launch my own company later?
- Would a person who set up a business as an international trade agent sole trader be less credible in the eyes of international company’s than a person who set up the same business as a limited company?
The answers are discussed in our one hour recorded webinar above.