Taught with a series of pre-recorded videos, study in your own time, at your own pace, with no start or end date. One-to-one phone support is included.
Subtitles available in English
Course Cost – £499
Chapter 1: Understanding Incoterms 2020 (Video Length: 26m 3s)
Incoterms are the foundation stone of International Trade and you must know how to correctly use them. Each term dictates the buyer and sellers involvement in the logistics and documentation associated with the shipment.
- The Role of Incoterms 2020 in International Trade
- Identifying the Buyer and Sellers Responsibilities Under Incoterms 2020
- Choosing the Correct Incoterm 2020 For Your International Trade Transaction
- Identifying the Eleven Incoterms 2020 Rules
- Packing Implications Under Incoterms 2020
Chapter 2: Understanding Cargo Insurance Sea and Air (Video Length: 27m 21s)
Not all insurance is the same, don’t get caught out. This chapter details the different types of insurance cover available to choose from.
- Examination of Clause A, B and C (Sea Freight)
- Choosing the Correct Insurance Cover
- Examination of Clause Air (Air Freight)
- Insurance Premiums
- Examination of Insurance Certificate
- Implications of Marine Insurance Under CIF CIP Incoterms 2020 Rules
Chapter 3: Certificates of Origin (Video Length:22m 31s)
This chapter addresses the role of certificates of origin in International Trade.
- Role of Certificate of Origin the International Trade
- Examining Different Types of Certificates of Origin
- Incoterms 2020 PDF Download
- Flow Chart for Legalisation of Arab-British Certificate of Origin
- Flow Chart for Certification of Arab-British certificate of Origin
- Example of Arab British Certificate Of Origin
- Flow Chart for UK Certificate of Origin
- New BREXIT UK Certificate of Origin Example
- Insurance Certificate Example
- Marine Insurance Certificate Example
- Clause A
- Clause B
- Clause C
- Clause Air
Chapter 1: Customs Management (Video Length: 28m 02s)
This chapter describes the role of the new UK Global Tariff Book (post BREXIT), also including links to the EU and US tariff books and teaches you as the importer maintain a positive cash flow.
- Introduction of New UK Global Tariff Book (UKGT) Post BREXIT
- Benefits of Preferential Trading, Importing Goods at Reduced Rates of Duty
- Understanding the Rules of Origin
- Deferred VAT and Duty
- Bonded Warehousing
- Rejected Imports and Reclaiming Duty
Chapter 2: Import Procedure With CDS (Video Length: 19m 23s)
This chapter details how to import products, with particular attention to the new CDS system in the UK as from September 2022 although the practical information applies worldwide.
- The Role of the Clearing agent
- Importing using CDS (Customs Declaration System)
Chapter 3: Understanding Import Regimes (Video Length: 31m 06s)
This chapter identifies various customs regimes which you as an importer must be aware of.
- How To Classify Your Imports
- Anti Dumping Duties
- Tariff Quotas
- Import Licenses
- Intrastat Arrivals Document
Chapter 1: Sea Freight Rates, Cost Centres Air & Sea (Video Length: 39m 45s)
This chapter addresses sea freight rates and identifies the major warehouse to warehouse costs by sea and air.
- Conference Line Rates
- Independent Line Rates
- Identifying Your Cost Centres From Sellers Warehouse to Buyers Warehouse via Sea and Air
- The Role of the Freight Forwarder
- Selecting Your Freight Forwarder
Chapter 2: Carriage By Sea (Video Length: 44m 40s)
This chapter identifies bills of lading and their role in International Trade.
- Liner Bills of Lading
- The Characteristics of Liner Bills of Lading
- The Characteristics of Seaway Bills of Lading
- How Bills of Lading are Generated
- Bill of Lading Instructions
Chapter 3: Air Consolidation and Rates, Air Freight Documentation (Video Length: 47m 52s)
This chapter addresses how to calculate air freight rates and examines the role of the master air waybill and house air waybill in international trade.
- Master Air Waybill
- Air Waybill Instructions
- Issuing Flight Details
- The Role of the Consolidator and Air Freight Rates
- House Air Waybill
- Bill Of Lading Instructions
- Bill Of Lading Example
- House Air Waybill Example 1
- House Air Waybill Example 2
- House Air Waybill Example 3
- Master Air Waybill
Chapter 1: Methods of Payment in International Trade (Video Length: 34m 53s)
This chapter addresses the usual methods of payment used in International Trade and stresses that a sale is not a sale until you get paid.
- Cash against Documents
- Documentary Letters of Credit
- Why Trade Under a Letter of Credit?
- Definition of a Letter of Credit
- Types of Letters of Credit
- Standby Letter of Credit
- UCP 600 The Rules of the Game
- Letter of Credit Example
- Cash Against Documents
Chapter 1: Pre-Shipment Inspection & Market Research (Video Length: 41m 25s)
This chapter addresses the question “How do I know I’m getting what I paid for from my overseas supplier” as well as exploring various proven methods to finding customers before importing your products.
- How Pre-Shipment Inspection Works
- Clean Report of Findings
- Who Will Buy Your Product?
- Pricing My Product
Chapter 2: Methods of Selling & Negotiation Skills (Video Length: 53m 27s)
This chapter addresses the fundamental negotiating skills you will require in International Trade.
- Methods of Persuasion
- Defining Objectives and Targets
- Setting Your Negotiation Strategy
- Negotiation Skills
Chapter 3: International Sourcing (Video Length: 23m 15s)
This chapter explains how to source products worldwide.
- Understanding the Five Key Ways of Sourcing Products or Services