Below is a summary of the entire import export syllabus and what is covered . Please contact us with any questions.
Chapter 1: Understanding Incoterms 2020
Incoterms are the foundation stone of International Trade and you must know how to correctly use them. Each term dictates the buyer and sellers involvement in the logistics and documentation associated with the shipment.
- The Role of Incoterms 2020 in International Trade
- Identifying the Buyer and Sellers Responsibilities Under Incoterms 2020
- Choosing the Correct Incoterm 2020 For Your International Trade Transaction
- Identifying the Eleven Incoterms 2020 Rules
- Packing Implications Under Incoterms 2020
Chapter 2: Understanding Cargo Insurance Sea and Air
Not all insurance is the same, don’t get caught out. This chapter details the different types of insurance cover available to choose from.
- Examination of Clause A, B and C (Sea Freight)
- Choosing the Correct Insurance Cover
- Examination of Clause Air (Air Freight)
- Insurance Premiums
- Examination of Insurance Certificate
- Implications of Marine Insurance Under CIF CIP Incoterms 2020 Rules
Chapter 3: Certificates of Origin
This chapter addresses the role of certificates of origin in International Trade.
- Role of Certificate of Origin the International Trade
- Examining Different Types of Certificates of Origin
Chapter 1: Understanding Import Regimes & The Import Procedure
This chapter describes the role of the tariff book and identifies various customs regimes which you as an importer must be aware of.
- Understanding the EU Tariff book
- How To Classifying Your Imports
- Anti Dumping Duties
- Tariff Quotas
- Import Licences
Chapter 2: Customs Management
This chapter helps you as the importer maintain a positive cash flow, addresses the role of the clearing agent as well as how to select your clearing agent.
- Benefits of Preferential Trading, Importing Goods at Reduced Rates of Duty
- Understanding the Rules of Origin
- Deferred VAT and Duty
- Bonded Warehousing
- Rejected Imports and Reclaiming Duty
- Import Entry Procedure on CHIEF (SAD document)
- The Role of the Clearing agent
- How to Select Your Clearing Agent
Chapter 1: Sea Freight Rates, Cost Centres Air & Sea
This chapter addresses sea freight rates and identifies the major warehouse to warehouse costs by sea and air.
- Conference Line Rates
- Independent Line Rates
- Identifying Your Cost Centres From Sellers Warehouse to Buyers Warehouse via Sea and Air
- The Role of the Freight Forwarder
- Selecting Your Freight Forwarder
Chapter 2: Carriage By Sea
This chapter identifies bills of lading and their role in International Trade.
- Liner Bills of Lading
- The Characteristics of Liner Bills of Lading
- The Characteristics of Seaway Bills of Lading
- How Bills of Lading are Generated
- Bill of Lading Instructions
Chapter 3: Air Consolidation and Rates, Air Freight Documentation
This chapter addresses how to calculate air freight rates and examines the role of the master air waybill and house air waybill in international trade.
- Master Air Waybill
- Air Waybill Instructions
- Issuing Flight Details
- The Role of the Consolidator and Air Freight Rates
- House Air Waybill
Chapter 1: Methods of Payment in International Trade
This chapter addresses the usual methods of payment used in International Trade and stresses that a sale is not a sale until you get paid.
- Cash against Documents
- Bills of Exchange (Drafts)
- Documentary Letters of Credit
- Why Trade Under a Letter of Credit?
- Definition of a Letter of Credit
- How is a Letter of Credit is Opened
- Types of Letters of Credit
- Standby Letter of Credit
- UCP 600 The Rules of the Game
- Sellers Request to Establish a Letter of Credit
- Presenting Document to the Bank for Payment
- Rejected Presentation and Solutions
Chapter 1: Pre-Shipment Inspection & Market Research
This chapter addresses the question “How do I know I’m getting what I paid for from my overseas supplier” as well as exploring various proven methods to finding customers before importing your products.
- How Pre-Shipment Inspection Works
- Clean Report of Findings
- Who Will Buy Your Product?
- Pricing My Product
Chapter 2: Methods of Selling & Negotiation Skills
This chapter addresses the fundamental negotiating skills you will require in International Trade.
- Methods of Persuasion
- Defining Objectives and Targets
- Setting Your Negotiation Strategy
- Negotiation Skills
Chapter 3: International Sourcing
This chapter explains how to source products worldwide.
- Understanding the Five Key Ways of Sourcing Products or Services